A Health Savings Account makes it easy to manage contributions and pay for monthly medical expenses with checks or a personalized 'Photo' Check Card. Your HSA can be used to cover small and routine medical expenses until your deductible is met. Contact your First Century Bank representative to find out if a Health Saving Account is right for you.
To be eligible for an HSA you must be covered by a qualified high deductible health plan (HDHP), below Medicare eligibility age, and not covered by any other health plans. You cannot be claimed as a dependant on someone else’s tax return.
- No Minimum Balance
- No Monthly Service Charge
- Monthly Detailed Statement
- $100.00 Opening Deposit
- Free Online Banking
- Free CenturyLine Telephone Banking
- Unspent balances accumulate year after year
- Your funds are “portable”, even if you change jobs or leave the workforce
- You, not your employer, owns the HSA
- HSA contributions are tax deductible1
- HSA earnings and distributions may be tax free if used for qualified medical expenses
- Withdrawals used for purposes other than qualified medical expenses may be subject to a 10% penalty if withdrawn before the HSA beneficiary turns 65 years of age. Assets withdrawn for nonmedical reasons will be subject to income taxes
1Consumers should check with their tax advisor to determine eligibility for tax deductibility.